Our Maintenance Packages
service & maintenance
Issues concerning rooftop contaminants are being examined closely these days by some state and federal agencies, roofing manufacturers, and building owners because of ongoing problems and hazards certain contaminants can create.
THESE CONTAMINANTS INCLUDE FATS, OIL AND GREASE (FOG) FROM ROOFTOP EXHAUST HOODS.
FOG causes roofing membrane to soften, delaminate, crack, and/or blister, causing:
- Roof leaks and other damages to your building
- Nullification of any valid manufacturers roof warranty
- Slip and fall hazards to rooftop maintenance workers such as HVAC, Refrigeration, etc.
- Fire hazards
- Health-code violations
- Water Runoff Pollution into stormwater drains, lakes, streams, ponds, etc.
- Pest and Rodent infestations
- Fines from local or federal government agencies
As a building owner, it’s important to be aware of the serious problems fats, oil and grease have on your roof and on the environment. Fats, oil, and grease are discharged directly to sewer systems, lakes and streams without treatment before being readmitted back into the environment. At Lentz Roofing, we provide the highest quality grease containment systems and guarantee to protect your roof surface from contaminants.
WEAR & TEAR
A roof system is often subjected to wind, hail, rain, snow, ultraviolet energy, foot traffic, and other various forms of abuse from mechanical equipment and fats, oil and grease (FOG)
If left untreated, the smallest potential leak in a roof can eventually lead to serious problems, such as:
- Structural Damage: Water intrusion will eventually cause the decking, ceiling joists, wall framing, etc. to rot and deteriorate causing serious problems and requiring expensive repairs.
- Interior Mold and Mildew: One of the most serious consequences of a leaking roof is mold and mildew growth. Mold can spread to the HVAC system and then through the entire building.
- Fire Hazard: If the leak is above electrical panels or wires in the ceiling it could potentially start a fire.
- Slip-and-Fall Hazard: A leaking roof can cause water to puddle on the floor, causing a hazard for employees or customers and possibly resulting in a lawsuit.
- Higher Utility Bills and Wasted Energy: Water intrusion will deplete the insulation significantly and your building will lose hot and cold air resulting in higher utility bills.
All exposed low slope roofing membranes get dirty over the life of the roof system from airborne pollutants, dirt, and contaminants.
By Periodically removing the accumulation of dirt debris and contaminants, not only will you improve your roof’s reflectivity and aesthetic appearance, but you will also uncover potential and active roof leaks.
Benefits of having your roof professionally cleaned:
- Aesthetic: If your roof is visible from the road or adjacent buildings, it may be beneficial to maintain a decorative appearance.
- Energy Efficient: Dirt and debris build-up on roofs greatly reduces the reflective properties driving up utility cost.
- Potential and Active Roof Leaks: A clean roof is easier to identify potential or current issues during a routine maintenance inspection.
- Proper Drainage: By allowing dirt debris and contaminants to collect on the surface of the roof, you are at risk of clogging drains, causing water to back up onto the roof and potentially causing major issues and expensive repairs.
Why you want to use a professional company:
By using a person not qualified to work on the roof, the owner assumes all responsibility for any damage caused to the membrane by either harsh chemicals or high water pressures. This will lead to very costly repairs and could potentially void the roof’s warranty.
At Lentz Roofing, we use the appropriate cleaners and water pressures that will not damage the roofing membrane and identify potential and active leaks as we clean. Any necessary repairs will be documented and presented to the owner or owner representative and a quote will be given to make the repairs. Any work done of the roof will be within the manufacturer’s specifications and compatible materials will be used to uphold the manufacturer’s warranty.
What maintenance package best fits your needs?
Our preventative maintenance packages provide peace of mind. Contact us today, we’d love to help you pick the perfect maintenance package!